Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Silly humans

Do you know what's sad? The fact that we live in an age where if a stranger speaks to us out of the blue, we become suspicious of their intentions, or sometimes we may even question their mental status...

Walking to my car from the library, I passed a man and he said to me "Nice weather we're having." I smiled and confirmed. Then immediately thought, 'wow, that was creepy. What did he want?' Where has my faith in humanity gone? The poor guy probably was just in a good mood and felt like being a positive, balanced member of the human race. Then again maybe my first reaction was correct, maybe he was a weirdo. So where Is the line? At what point does being nice turn into being wrong? How can we be open to others and still be protected by our apprehensions?

Discernment is hard.

In other news, apparently I reserved a book from the library, just picked it up today and have no idea why I would have wanted to read it. It's a true story about a Navy SEAL. Seriously I have no clue what possessed me.

I'm going to go read some more A Game of Thrones.

No comments:

Post a Comment